Rain People Natural Wool Bonnet - Sea Green
Rain People's Wool Bonnets will soon be a treasured heirloom reminding you of your little one's precious early years.
When pregnant with my first child my desire to sew grew. Sleepless nights were filled with designs and colour combinations. I knew my free hours would come to end when the baby came, and I worked on sewing as much as my body would allow. When Jack was born I thought I might have to put sewing aside. But I soon discovered the wonderful world of babywearing. I would strap Jack to my back and bounce a little on the exercise ball as I worked at the machine. Jack, soothed by the familiar hum, would fall asleep.
My passion for functional art is a reflection of my early years spent in Ocean Falls, a remote ghost town of 50-100 people on the central coast of BC, accessible only by air or water. Ocean Falls is often referred to as “Home of the Rain People” due to its huge amount of annual rainfall. Surviving those long, dark, rainy winters demanded creativity, colour and warmth, and it’s these elements that I bring to every one of my bonnets and quilts.
We recently moved to Royston, a small town on the BC coast where I have my own sewing room in the attic. It’s here that I spend most evenings while my little sleeps.
- Alison McLean, Rain People
- Lightweight wool is perfect for the cooler days of Autumn, Winter & Spring, those windy beach days and all those moments in between.
- Trimmed with coordinating cotton fabric.
- Lined with lightweight cotton.
- Lovingly handmade.
- Available in 5 sizes, 0-3m thru 18-24m.
- 0-3 months: 14-15 inches
3-6 months: 16 inches
6-12 months: 17 inches
12-18 months: 18 inches
18-24+ months: 19 inches
- Lightweight wool.
- Lined & trimmed with 100% cotton.
- Cold hand-wash/delicate cycle & air dry.
- Do not bleach or use oxidizing agents.
- Becomes softer after being gently washed by hand.
- Made by hand in Canada.
This item is covered under our 30 day return policy.